Update @ The 4×4 Guys
I want to update all of you on some activities here at The 4×4 Guys. When we announced our store, we thought we were ready on every front. Several of you pointed out some issues with site navigation, issues with finding parts, as well as the lack of parts specifically for the newest Jeep JL model. We took all of those comments to heart and we set about doing some surgery on the site and its underlying technology. We have finalized that work and want to announce several significant changes to the user experience. Here is a summary of those changes.
- We rebuilt the fitment engine. This is the tool that is used to translate what the manufacturer provides as vehicle fitment for a part. All generations of Wranglers are now shown as Wrangler JL, Wrangler JK, Wrangler TJ, Wrangler LJ, Wrangler YJ, and the CJ series, with the available sub-models shown.
- We have nearly tripled the number of brands on the site. We now have over 65 manufacturers of Jeep parts, accessories and aftermarket products. This more than triples the number of products we have in our store and we plan on adding more in the near future. If you don’t see the brand in our store, don’t assume we don’t carry the brand. Drop us a note or give us a call and we will do our best to get whatever part you need from that brand.
- We have quadrupled the number of JL products in the store. We continue to look for manufacturers that are producing products for the JL and getting those brands and products into our store as fast as we can. Again, if you don’t see what you are looking for, ask us and we will do our best to get it for you.
- We have improved our search and site navigation capabilities. As we mentioned above, the new fitment engine makes some big changes to the search by year, make, model, and sub-model product searches. Our Google like free-form search window is also a great way to find what you are looking for – want a front bumper? Then enter “Front bumper for a JL Wrangler” and see what shows up.
- We moved out store onto a server that is four times faster. As we grew the number of brands and products we saw the site slow down. We always want you to have a clean and fast way to view and search for products. Speed is important to us, so we made the move to significantly faster and larger servers.
Thanks again for all your supportive and constructive comments on our store. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.